Sunday, June 7, 2015

So ill start from the beginning

When i first came to the United States in 2006 i weighed approx 175lbs (12.5 Stones) fast forward to 2015 and i got to an all time high of 309.5lbs (22.10 Stones). I`m 38 years old at the time of writing this, already suffered a heart attack and generally not fit. These are the reasons i chose to go to the most extreme route and have my gastric sleeve which was placed June 2nd 2015.

Two weeks prior to my surgery i had to start a pre op diet which consisted of Carnation Breakfast Essential shakes 3 times per day, 2 Cafe steamers healthy meals per day and 64 ounces of water. It was hard work, i started the diet 3 days early and cheated twice throughout. This was hard, i was always hungry, i had a perma headache, i would be dizzy, it was honestly quite miserable. People would ask me why bother having the surgery when i can choose to stay on that severe diet? well, i wouldnt have stayed on that diet as the side effects was no fun at all and being a fat guy and perma hungry doesnt last long. I had to have something done to save my life, save my weight and save my waist band.

So my pre diet weight was 309.5lbs as said earlier, after my 2 week diet and the morning of the surgery i had got down to 292.5lbs (20.89 Stones).

About the Surgery...

I will be honest know, i really thought it was going to be much harder than it actually was, my surgery lasted about 40 mins, i was in recovery for an hour and in my room shortly after. Within an hour of getting to my room i was on my feet and that was by my own choice. I had very little pain and i put this down to walking, walking is king, walking not only helps you recover but it also helps with the gas pains you have from having air trapped inside you, in 2 days i walked about 12000ft if not more and certainly not less. If i was to give anyone any advice it would be to walk.


Ready to go with my stupid smiley face hat!



Bracing myself for a new life!



Weight when i got home from hospital the next day was 296lbs (21.14 Stones)


Today is June 7th, this is my 5th day since my op and im sitting at 283.6lbs  (20.25 Stones) and im super happy, i know i well get below the 20 stone mark for the 1st time in a couple of years this week and that exciting for me, its a motivation in its self

Here is a pic from the night before my surgery and not quite my biggest but its the best i can do, and the pic to the right is now, while im typing this, i wasnt going to do comparisons so early but a few people wanted to see.

Not bad for only 5 days out


I`m going to start doing this blog on a regular basis, ive never blogged before so apologies upfront if its long winded lol

No comments:

Post a Comment